Friday, January 4, 2013

DIY Moon Sand

I posted a moon sand recipe a few years ago that filled many a winter day for my children.  But since then, I've found another one that is easier to make and works just as well.  All that's needed is:
  • 8 cups of flour
  • 1 cup of baby oil
Mix them well (hands work the best) and you're done!  I keep ours in a plastic bin and can count on at least an hour of solid play time for the kids.

I usually hand over some measuring cups, a melon baller or cookie dough scoop, cookie cutters, and other small things my children think are fun to play with.  This winter they've made many snowmen by coloring toothpicks orange for carrot noses and using whole cloves for eyes. 

My only warning is to keep your dogs away from the fun...our puppies are drawn to it (but luckily they haven't eaten any...yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment