Sunday, January 1, 2012
1. I’m a freelance writer and homeschooling, stay-at-home mother of three children, August (13 years), Martha (10 years), and Hazel (8 years).
2. I research everything from sippy cups to healthy snacks to lovies like I’m developing a cure for cancer. But I make no excuses for this…my children are invaluable to me.
3. I love well-designed, natural and attractive products. I believe that everyone should surround themselves with colors and designs that make them happy and express their individual style.
4. I love to help people. I have quite a few friends who are parents that work outside the home. I love when they turn to me for quick information on articles and products they know I’ve researched (see number 2).
5. I crave information and education. I’ve had friends ask me to research things specifically applicable to them. And I’m more than happy to because I truly enjoy knowledge. And you never know when it will come in handy. I'm a life-long learner.
So, that’s where I’m coming from…a well-informed but selective place. I make no compromises for my children’s safety and well-being. And if I can assist you, please contact me at email@example.com.
* The blog is named after Daniel Tiger from Mister Roger's Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Daniel was my son August's favorite character who said, "ugga mugga" each time he rubbed noses with a loved one. My children and I have been ugga muggaing for years now and I thought it was time I invited the rest of you to join in and fall in love with well-designed and safe products and concepts...to help calm the chaos of parenthood.