Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Books For the Kids (at Heart)

I came across The Dangerous Book for Boys and The Daring Book for Girls last month and bought both of them immediately. Our son is four and loves to learn new things...about anything. He is already questioning how silhouettes are created in the evening sky, so these books are right up his alley already. And although our daughter is a bit young to appreciate these at 21 months, she will certainly grow into them. And I believe there are lessons for both genders from each book.

Lifelong skills are approached in these books. The Dangerous Book for Boys teaches the art of creating the perfect paper airplanes, and all about US Naval flag codes, making a go-cart, the game of chess, dog tricks, cloud formations, and Latin phrases every boy should know.

The Daring Book for Girls covers the rules of different sports, pressing flowers, putting your hair up with a pencil, five karate moves, creating daisy chains, how to paddle a canoe, and how to change a tire.

Now who wouldn't want to pass those lessons along to the next generation. And to be truthful, I bought these as much for my husband and myself as I did for our children. So if you're headed to a birthday party for a child...or child at heart...I believe these would make great gifts!

Both books are available at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment