Sunday, February 17, 2008

Easter Baskets: Part 1 of 5

Valentine's Day has come and gone and next up is Easter. Nothing is more symbolic with Easter for children than Easter baskets...and the feeling never passes. Each time I see an identical basket to the one I had as a child in an antique store I can't help but feel nostalgic. Which is why I've taken the duty of selecting my children's Easter baskets with such care...knowing these will be with them for life!

To add to the tradition and love felt at Easter, as family has gathered for my children's Baptisms, I've had each family member sign the bottom of my children's Easter baskets. I believe that as the years pass, these basket will be cherished pieces.

In this five-part posting I'll take a look at my favorite Easter basket selections available this year. Let's start with the Cadillac of Easter baskets, the...

2008 Longaberger Easter Basket Set

For my children's first Easters I've purchased the Longaberger Easter basket available that year. I know that they're not the most economical, but I feel comfortable investing the money in their Easter hunting traditions as I know they will be anticipated year after year. I also appreciate that they are handwoven in the United States and signed and dated by each artist...and the substantial wooden base is perfect for the signatures I mentioned above.

The 2008 Longaberger Easter Basket is available in a small and large size with different accessory options, such as a liner and protector (I recommend purchasing both to assist in decoration and durability). The small basket starts at $49.00 and the large starts at $69.00. Available at longaberger.com for a limited time only.

This is part 1 of 5 - Easter Baskets - please see my archives for the complete post.

No comments:

Post a Comment