Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I've come across some great quotes relating to fathers I thought would be appropriate to share this morning...you will find them below.

Fathers and father-figures are very important to a child's development. As I wrote in my husband's Father's Day card, he plays with, talks to, and teaches our children in a very important and
different way than me. Which is why we all yell, "Dada's home!" each time he walks in the door.

I hope you all enjoy the quotes and have a fantastic day celebrating Father's Day!

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” - Clarence Budington Kelland

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" - Lydia M. Child

"A father carries pictures where his money used to be." - Unknown

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain

"I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back." - Imelda Marcos

"You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You're her oracle. You're her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you're in a constant state of panic." - Stanley T. Banks in the movie Father of the Bride

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child." - Knights of Pythagoras

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" - Lydia M. Child

No comments:

Post a Comment