Saturday, December 13, 2008

Glückskäfer

Glückskäfer is located in south west Germany and offers some of the most well-made, high-quality wood, metal, ceramic and textile items for children. When my children's kitchen items arrived, I quickly realized that the quality of their play items was up to snuff with my own high end cook/bakeware products (I love to cook and bake...and kitchen products is an addiction)!

The wooden items my children have are also wonderfully well made. The organic nature of the carved items is romantic and simple and are sure to be treasured by my children's children...and I love purchasing such heirlooms!

And all that Glückskäfer has to offer started back in 1945 by Erich Käfer. Erich, at the time, was an elementary teacher and wanted to give good traditional playthings to children that they could develop well in such extremely wounding and difficult times as World War II in Germany. Erich Käfer's son and today's owner, Manfred Käfer, is a father himself to six grown children and knows all too well what needs children and families have. And he works to provide high-quality learning-through-play products to all of us!

Some of Glückskäfer's products are difficult to find in one place as most shops only offer a few of their products from one range. The largest selection I've found in one place is on Amazon. There I found some kitchen products, wooden toys, felt animals and a few garden products. Visit amazon.com to see them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment