Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Food

I just finished a great article in the New Yorker titled Baby Food...it is all about breastfeeding. Covered were the history and facts of nursing along with an extended bit on how commonplace pumping has become.

When my first child was born I returned to work two days a week and made some wonderful friends in the lactation room...what a funny place to pick up new friends! This article took me back nearly five years ago to that small room...and to last week when I pumped at home on the couch using my Medela Pump In Style Advanced (Yes, the one mentioned in the article. Yes, I had to purchase it at a hospital back then. And yes, it was worth every penny!) even though I've been a stay-at-home mother for over three years now!

Read Baby Food in it's entirety at newyorker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment