They were super easy to make...little time and limited mess. And they were eaten with no complaining...always a plus! I even have some left over to freeze and reheat on a day I don't have a lot of time to cook...could be tomorrow!
- 1/2 pound elbow pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used a cheddar blend)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Add pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until almost tender (about 8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle in the flour. Whisk for 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk and whisk for 4-5 minutes...until it is thick enough to coat the spoon. Add the cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni and bread crumbs to the sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cups and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 8 minutes.