Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas! The day is a hit so far with my usually stoic son August declaring it, "The best day of my life," as he opened a gift my husband made for him...a wooden Twilight from Star Wars Clone Wars (shown here...and more photos in my husband's Flickr if you want to attempt the project yourself. Sorry, no instructions...he did it off the top of his talented head).

My dear Mr. Mugga logged many hours working in the basement in secret trying to make it just right...including a rotating blaster gun (I think that's what he called it), a removable top to put the figures in, and a folding wing just like the real ship in the movie and Clone Wars series.

For my daughter Martha I scoured eBay for the last few months trying to find her mint, still in the original packaging, Ginny dolls from 1978...the same exact ones I had when I was a little girl. I ended up collecting five different ones and she's as happy as can be.

As usual, it's the most thoughtful gifts that are appreciated the most! And to prove my point, I'll write tomorrow about what Mr. Mugga gave to me. Until then...

Merry Christmas to you and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment