Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crayon Hearts

We're in full Valentine's Day crafting mode here in our house. Earlier this week we spent an afternoon making these crayon hearts I found on Martha Stewart's site.

They couldn't have been easier...we sharpened different shades of red and pink crayons until they were no more, sprinkled the shavings on wax paper, topped them with another piece, ironed until melted, cut out hearts in various sizes and hung them in our window.

My mom stopped by yesterday afternoon and commented on how lovely they looked and said, "I wish I could make those." My Martha said, "You can!" And you can too...and your kids will have a great time! And the best thing is that you can hang them year after year...I'm going to keep our pressed in a book for safekeeping.

See the full instructions at marthastewart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment