Monday, June 13, 2011

Pura Vida Bracelets

My first order of Pura Vida bracelets arrived today...and I couldn't wait to share my thoughts with you all!

I had very high hopes for these little bracelets and let me tell you, they did not disappoint! The colors are so vivid and bright, the coating on the threads is comfortable, and the little beads on the beaded one I purchased are adorable! I'm already wearing two of them (which I've secured with a knot because let's face it, these little guys are not coming off of my wrists for at least the rest of summer).

When I was placing my order I kept my children's color preferences in mind and picked out a couple for each of them as well. We opened the package over lunch today and they all chose the ones I had selected for them and quickly asked for me to put them on. Theirs too are tied in knots since they said they didn't want them to come off - ever.

Each bracelet consists of 9 colored, waxed threads tied together with a slip fastener for an adjustable fit...these will fit anywhere from an adult's wrist to a 2 year old's, judging by how Hazel's bracelet fits on her wrist.

Pura Vida, which translates to pure life, donates 1% of it's sales to the Surfrider Foundation, a charity organization dedicated to protecting beaches and oceans worldwide. They have over 50,000 members that have completed over 140,000 hours of volunteer work. In addition to cleaning up beaches, they also are providing more and more full time jobs to talented artisans in Costa Rica, where these bracelets are hand made.

Pura Vida bracelets range from $5.00 to $10.00 each and are available at puravidabracelets.com and in boutiques nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment