Five things to do with your children today:
- Explain why it's important to ask questions when others are different instead of making fun of them; in addition, the importance of sticking up for others being made fun of.
- Discuss what your family is to do in the event of a fire: stay low, don't touch doorknobs, exit strategies, meeting location, etc.
- Read a book aloud (a picture book or chapter book) while sitting close together.
- Tell your children you're proud to be their parent; provide a few reasons why.
- Prepare and enjoy a meal together. Candles are mandatory.