Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Plastic-Alternative Sippy Cups - Part 1 of 3

There is a lot of news about plastic products containing Bisphenol A, phthalates and DEHA being harmful. And let’s face it, that’s just about every plastic sippy cup on the market today! So I’ve been researching alternatives for my toddler daughter since she’s not able to drink from glass tumblers like her big brother. Below, please find my three-part post on the best alternatives I’ve discovered thus far:

Klean Kanteen

The Klean Kanteen sippy cup is made of a lightweight stainless steel and has a small neck for children to easily grasp and uses an Avent no-leak sippy spout (made of non-leaching #5 polypropylene). And once your child graduates to using a regular cup, you can take the sippy adaptor off and get a flat cap or sport spout. Built NY makes an insulated Neoprene sleeve to help regulate temperatures (and provides a loop to attach to strollers).

This is my cup of choice for my daughter. She doesn’t really like handles on cups and loves holding the small neck of this one. And I love it because it’s really easy to clean! Not to mention, if the spout gets damaged, Avent spouts are easy to come by.

This is part 1 of 3 - Plastic-Alternative Sippy Cups - please see my archives for the complete post.

No comments:

Post a Comment