Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seeing the Everyday

Yesterday was a trying day with my children. They were both being quite argumentative with me and each other. At the end of the day I was sick of hearing my own voice and was anxious for a new day to begin. As I lied with my son at bedtime, I told him so. He asked why I wanted a new day. I told him that through life, no matter how difficult a day has been, you can always look forward and make the next day whatever you dream it to be. And we decided then and there that tomorrow (today) would be better...and I'm pleased to report it is!

Simple, yet profound, moments such as mine with my son yesterday are what Seeing the Everyday is all about. It's about appreciating each day and each little moment for what it is...a chance to teach and to learn something new about yourself and your children.

Visit seeingtheeveryday.com to subscribe to the quarterly, advertisement-free, magazine...you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment