Saturday, September 13, 2008

Powerball Cookies

I found this recipe on Wondertime magazine's website. My children and I made these cookies yesterday and let me tell you, they're like eating cookie dough. But healthy cookie dough that won't give you salmonella!

We used my KitchenAid stand mixer because my children don't really enjoy getting their hands dirty. But for those of you who have kids that like squishing pumpkin guts like I did as a child, roll up their sleeves and and have them use their hands!

Recipe makes 40-48 cookies

Mix together 1 cup peanut or almond butter and 1 cup honey until smooth. Gradually add in 3 cups old-fashioned oats and 1/2 cup ground flaxseed. Add 1 cup chocolate chips (we used the mini ones) and 1 cup any combination of nuts, seeds and soft dried fruit (we used 1/2 cup sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup each of golden raisins and dried cherries) and mix gently in your stand mixer or smush together by hand.

Roll into Ping-Pong size balls and, for maximum presentation, put in mini paper muffin cups. You can eat them right away, but they'll be less sticky after a night in the fridge. They freeze well too layered on wax paper in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment