Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Took the Moon for a Walk

My son has been having a difficult time relaxing in the evenings and in an effort to calm things down as we move towards bed, I'd been researching some new bedtime books. Our most recent addition is I Took the Moon for a Walk by Carolyn Curtis and Alison Jay.

The images inside the book are lovely and relaxing and the text is calming and imaginative. The book begins, "I took the Moon for a walk last night. It followed behind like a still summer kite, Though there wasn't a string or a tail in sight when I took the Moon for a walk."

Another wonderful part of the book is the extra information to study the moon and it's phases along with the world at night and the nocturnal animals and insects that inhibit it.

I Took the Moon for a Walk is available at amazon.com for $16.65 and is eligible for free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment