Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Parent-Child Dates

Like all children, my son and daughter LOVE one-on-one time, whether it's reading a book, snugging on the couch, or even running errands. But what they really look forward to are our dates.

My son and I have had dates walking around our town decorated for Christmas walking hand-in-hand down the street listening to traveling carolers, we've gone to a coffee shop to sit outside with our snacks watching people and traffic, but my favorite was going to hear a quartet play in town as we cuddled close.

You'll notice that none of our dates have cost much, if any, money. The important part is the planning and the anticipation. Besides the actual date, that's what children look forward to and enjoy...and remember.

I've found a list of Top 5 Cheap Kid Dates that include counting clouds, taking a walk and having a picnic. I think feeding ducks would be another great date...and is the next one I'm planning for my son...and then will repeat with my daughter because she's an animal-lover just like her brother.

So start planning a new tradition...whether your dates are once a week, once a month, or quarterly...your children will love the attention and personal conversation without any interruptions. And you'll cherish the time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment