Thursday, February 5, 2009

LeapFrog Text & Learn

Yesterday, I read a piece on nydailynews.com that stated LeapFrog is set to unveil a new product this summer in the United States...the Text & Learn ($21.99). It is designed to teach spelling and computer skills through playing games, navigating with arrows and texting (although it does not hook up to the Internet).

What are your thoughts? Do you see this as a great product that will hopefully entice your child away from your own BlackBerry? Or do you see this as yet another step towards stripping childhood from our children?

Post your comments below...I'm anxious to read your take on this new toy!

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a horrible toy and is evidence of the sad state we are possibly (already?) headed in. I don't have a Blackberry and I hope that I never do--same goes for my child. People are becoming far too dependent on technology and I cringe to think of what the future could be like if we don't all work together to raise this next generation to appreciate nature, face-to-face conversations, focus, and peace and quiet! Not to mention the health problems that these all of these devices probably trigger as well.

    ReplyDelete