Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paper Flower Craft

My children made these great paper flowers for me this Mother's Day. I love that they're made recycling old magazines, but mostly I love to picture my husband cutting out the pieces and working with my children on this project for me. I'm glad these flowers survive because I'll be keeping them forever!

Here is a step-by-step guide from parents.com.

What You'll Need
  • Pencil
  • Ruler
  • Scissors
  • Glossy magazines
  • Hole punch
  • Green chenille stems
  • Buttons
Directions
  • Cut 4 to 6 same-size strips lengthwise from colorful magazine pages. Choose the width of your strips from 1/2 inch to 1 inch -- the narrower the strips, the more you will need to make the flower appear full.
  • Add remaining strips, arranging them to form a flower design, as shown. Thread the chenille stem through a button, then back in through the flower, twisting stem behind the petals to hold it in place.
Originally published in the May 2009 issue of Parents magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment