Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monster Houses

My kids love making gingerbread houses! So I thought I'd try to find similar activities for other holidays and stumbled upon these adorably scary monster houses at Make and Takes...a site worth spending some time on! Aren't they sweet, in a horrific kind of way?!

Haunted houses would be another fun thing to make and I can see the ghost-shaped Peeps playing a major roll! To make your graham crackers stick together and your candy stay put, here is the frosting recipe I use for our gingerbread houses each year:

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
Directions

Place all ingredients in a small, non-plastic mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until frosting is glossy and holds peaks, about 5 minutes. This frosting dries FAST so cover with plastic wrap when not being used. It may be tinted with food coloring if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment