Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stacking Cups

My daughter Martha and I have a lot of quality time together when August is at school in the mornings and Hazel is napping. One of her favorite activities is to stack cups (that's her in this photo with a work in progress).

We're not a Dixie cups in the bathroom kind of family, but I once was in the isle looking at Kleenix and the characters on the cups caught August's eye. I thought they'd be good for stacking and years later, we're still using the same box.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there as an inexpensive activity that teaches children coordination, balance, and the life lesson that some time things in life fall over, and you need to simply pick yourself back up and start over.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! I wonder if saving my yo baby yogurt cups would provide the same result? Love it. Thanks- you always have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete