Friday, December 11, 2009

Button Menorah

I am a sucker for anything button and craft related! I really should be embarrassed with the number of buttons I own for crafts and projects. I search flea markets and antique stores for jars of them and have even purchased them from overseas on different country's eBay sites.

While my family is not Jewish, I admire and respect the faith and find their traditions, practices and faith admirable and beautiful. I fell in love with this button menorah and had to share!

It was created by and posted on Junior Society's site this morning in celebration of the first night of Hanukkah. At juniorsociety.com you'll find a simple craft tutorial for making the button menorah shown here. It's a great project that will have your kids sorting by color and size as well as practicing their hand-eye coordination as they thread the buttons on the pipe cleaners (that I've heard are now called chenilles). Another great thing about this version of a menorah is that it's fire-free and is safe for children. Simply slip a sparkly button over the "wick."

Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment