Friday, January 8, 2010

Paper Snowflakes

My children and I have been crafting up a storm...due to the winter storms hitting the Midwest. My little town is a real live snowglobe. It's quite beautiful and makes for cozy crafting.

Today, suitably, we started work on snowflakes. We've been cutting them all off the top of our heads using only our imaginations but tonight, after putting the kids to bed, I thought, "I bet there are some great patterns online to reference." And sure enough...I found some great ones! I think tomorrow we'll try some of these patterns and see how they turn out.

Here are some of the child-friendly ones:
And if you want to help your children master the use of a computer mouse and work on their hand/eye coordination while sticking with the snowflake theme, you can have them visit the Make A Flake site where they can create some virtual flakes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my site: papersnowflakes.com.
    You may also be interested in several spinoff sites of my snowflake pattern site geared toward very young children:
    http://www.firststepsnowflakes.com and http://www.frostyminiflakes.com.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete