Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shrinky Dinks

My children and I made Shrinky Dinks this afternoon. As one friend said when I mentioned them, "Holy blast from the past, Batman."

Sharing childhood activities I remember with my children is always a special thing...especially when my children enjoy them too. And Shrinky Dinks did not disappoint! We made a few rings, key chains, pieces to stand in the little holders, and Valentine hearts to give as gifts.

Of course the best part of the activity was watching them bend and shrink in the oven. My children were giddy!

Amazon, as expected, has many great set that are affordable and ship free depending on the order price. Check out amazon.com to see all of the offerings!

2 comments:

  1. I have very fond memories of making Smurf Shrinky Dinks with my great-grandmother as a child. I'm glad to hear that the fun of Shrinky Dinks has withstood the test of time (and video games.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too elaina.. Being with my mom and doing this shrinking drinks and the fun it brings.

    ReplyDelete