Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Robot Friend

I had my son August watch My Robot Friend's video for the acoustic song Waiting yesterday morning. As a self-proclaimed future movie director, he was interested in the process required to make such a video.

But I post it here, not only because it's a beautiful song and relaxing video to watch, but because I think it's magical even for those children not looking to create cinematic masterpieces in the future. I think this video is a great example of what beauty can be created with a lowly pencil and piece of paper.

After watching the video August immediately grabbed a sheet of cardstock and some scissors and made an airplane by cutting out the parts...even slits to insert the wings, tail fins, and nose into. I had no idea he had thought that through. Share this video with your children...who knows what they'll learn and make!

No comments:

Post a Comment