I took out a piece of paper and some markers and they stopped fighting to watch me. I started writing fancy, curly letters on the top which really got my daughter's attention...and my son read the title aloud, "Summer Play." They were officially intrigued.
We spent the next 30 minutes coming up with a summer Bucket List, if you will. So far we know our summer will consist of the following:
- Have a picnic
- Go out for ice cream
- Fly kites
- Go to the pool
- Camp outside in a tent
- Go to the beach
- Pick blueberries
- Take photos with a huge group of balloons
- Go to Menominee Park in Oshkosh
- Take a vacation
- Ride Lake Express to Michigan
- Catch fireflies (and set them free)
- Set off fireworks
- Take a family walk
- Go mini-golfing
- Visit a driving range
- Go to Bay Beach
- Go fishing
- Paint rocks and sticks
- Make tie-dye shirts
What will be on your family's summer list? Share your ideas in the comment section!
* - It's now 9:33 a.m. and my son is already telling his sisters, "Leave me alone." At least there was 12 minutes of peace.