Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Beauty Department

You know how certain things come into your life and you instantly wonder how you ever lived without them? The Beauty Department is one of those things for me.

Lauren Conrad (an It Girl for sure, always spotted with gorgeous hair, perfect makeup and an obvious eye for all things fashion) partnered with her hair stylist and makeup artist, Kristin Ess and Amy Nadine, two experts who not only know what they're doing but are willing to share their knowledge with the rest of us...and The Beauty Department was born!

The site is full of hair and makeup how-tos (like the one shown here for Twisted Sister), countless quick tips, and discussions on trends, skin issues, and tools of the trade, as well as inspirations and beauty obsessions.

One change I've made thanks to the site is to spray dry shampoo on my bangs right after drying them instead of waiting for the inevitable hair separation that comes later in the day. I don't think I'm being dramatic when I say it's changed my life...at least the life of my hair!

Visiting The Beauty Department in the middle of my day has become a quiet and peaceful time for me, and not only due to the overflow of stylish goodies. The layout is simple, the format is clean, and the photos and graphics are breathtaking. I'm talking stunning. It's a welcome oasis in the middle of my jam-packed day of homeschooling and writing!

So take a look! Visit thebeautydepartment.com to start your journey into the site that will consume you...and have you wondering how you ever lived without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment