These french toast sticks meet all of the above criteria...plus, they're delicious. That's what I call a win-win-win!
- 16 slices of French bread (cut into 3/4" slices) or Texas Toast
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray or butter.
- Cut each slice of bread into thirds.
- Mix/beat together melted butter, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk in a wide mixing bowl.
- Dip each stick into the egg mixture (take a bit of extra care with the middle slices), place them on the cookie sheet, and bake for 25 minutes (flipping them halfway through the baking time).
- Cool on tray to room temperature and then flash freeze them (still on a tray). After they're frozen, they can be stored in a freezer-safe container of your choice.