If you'd like to have your children join in all of the excitement surrounding the Olympics, here are a few of my favorite activities my family will be working on...and some other resources to get you started finding some additional activities.
- The Vancouver 2010 Olympics site has some great games, a video and an online store where you can purchase mascot products. Aren't these little guys adorable?!
- Craft Jr. has some templates for children to make the Vancouver mascots as well as links to some Olympics word searches and other activity pages.
- Here is a how-to for chenille hockey sticks (apparently they're not pipe cleaners any more...they're now called chenilles).
- I found a great 3-D ski jump project (one of my favorite winter Olympics events). I'm excited to make this one.
- Here is a cute ski project that would be good for younger children.
- For older children, these salt dough ice skates are adorable!
- Here is a site with a lot of printable Olympics activities.
- And of course there are many different ways to make the rings. Here is a paper plate version as well as a tissue paper one. I think we're going to do the tissue paper version.