Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Corn Fritters Recipe

This week has been way too hot and humid! Even August proclaimed, as we exited the car to enter Target today, "This humility is too much for me!" And then we discussed the difference between humidity and humility...but I digress...

So with the hot weather, I didn't want to run the oven or do anything too heavy for dinner. And then I remembered a recipe for corn fritters I had seen a while back. And I happened to have everything on hand...so that settled it.

I must admit there was more standing over the hot stove than I would have liked on a 90° degree with 70% humility humidity...but I can truly say these fritters were worth it. And as the recipe says, they're just as good with salsa for dinner as they are with maple syrup for breakfast (for if it's the only way you can convince your children to try something new).

The recipe was first published in Gourmet magazine back in 2000 and can be found on Epicurious by following this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment