Tuesday, March 27, 2012

April Fool's Day

Last year was the first year I participated in April Fool's Day with the kids. It was a fun day full of pranks...my only regret was not starting the preparations sooner. The night before I was molding Tootsie Rolls and caramels into Fakin' Bacon and dying frosting to the perfect shade of cheddar cheese...you should have seen the looks my husband gave me. This year I vowed to start sooner.

In my research I found two sites full of great ideas worth sharing. Parents magazine had some great ideas in this month's issue that I found online, including the micro meal seen here (the doughnut is a Cheerio frosted with nonpareils on top). I think I'm going to make a miniature platter of "doughnuts" and some solid milk (this ideas is from Martha Stewart) for breakfast; lunch will consist of the sandwiches, carrots and raisins.

The second site I liked was Family Fun, where I found an extensive catalog of April Fool's Day crafts, recipes, pranks and jokes! I can't wait to spend some more time on the site finding tricks to play throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment