Thursday, September 20, 2012

Aveda Dry Remedy

A couple of months ago my husband and I went to the Alliance for the Great Lakes' annual event Taste of the Great Lakes in Chicago (that's us in photo 173 in their Facebook album).  The event was lovely, as in years past, and we had a terrific time!  The evening was full of amazing food, delicious drinks, great people, and lots of money raised for a cause dear to my heart. I didn't think the night could get any better, but upon departing the ship, we were handed goodie bags containing products from Aveda's Dry Remedy line. I'm now hooked.

The Dry Remedy line includes a shampoo, conditioner, and treatment masque...all which smell like a little piece of heaven.  And the way they make your hair feel is amazing:  amazingly soft, amazingly smooth and amazingly healthy.  After two months of using these products, my stylist couldn't help but comment when I got my hair cut earlier this week.  Seeing as I have very long hair, I don't get it cut that often...she was amazed with how few split ends I had. 

Dry Remedy shampoo is much creamier than other traditional shampoos and needs to be worked into your hair a bit more to produce a lather...and then needs to be rinsed out thoroughly.  And like other conditioners, this one works best when left on your hair for a while.  I usually wash, apply the conditioner, and then let it sit while I shave to let it really soak in.  When you rinse out the conditioner, you'll notice an immediate difference in your hair's texture.  One you'll never want to be without again.  

I also use these products on my daughters' hair about once a week.  They have very long, thick hair like their mama so I want to be sure we're taking care of it and combating all of the sun and wind they encounter when playing outside.  It's so much easier to comb through their hair after baths when we use these products...no tears! 

You can learn more about the Dry Remedy line and purchase these products at aveda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment